Translate

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

10,000 Hours...

In my first post I would like to introduce myself. I'm a girl that lives on an island in the Caribbean called Curacao. I study law and I am a Christian. I've been a christian since I can remember. The first book I read was the Bible and even though I started in the Catholic Church as I grew older my path got modified and I decided to go to Pentecostal church. I've been a member for 6 years now.

In the beginning I must confess my relationship with God was better, it had more fire and as life got busier my fire started to dim, but now I've decided it's time to grow more and share what my thoughts are with whoever is willing to read.

I called my Blog 10,000 Hours with Him (Him being Christ) because my pastor inspired me during the Olympic Games. He explained to us that for an athlete to become good at any sport it would take him around 10000 hours to become that way. That is around 3 years before you can say you are good at any sport. He compared this to the fact that the Ministry of Jesus Christ lasted 3 years and the disciples spend 3 years walking with him, that would be around 10,000 hours before they could carry the Gospel and bring it to other nations and people.

A lot of us Christians are the typical Sunday Christians, we only pray or go to church or do anything "God-related" on Sunday or Once a week. And yet we think we are "good" Christians, wanting to judge others and point fingers while we know we don't even know whats written about Christ or our religion. For us to be good Christians maybe we should think that it takes TIME and if even the disciples that had Christ to walk with them and teach them directly how more won't we need to study harder and learn about the Way? What I'm trying to say is, maybe we should spend more than 10,000 hours praying and reading and asking questions and learning about God and from God so we can talk with Authority and Wisdom, and all of this comes from Above.

I would like to encourage whoever reads me to not be just a "Sunday Christian" but to be a Full Time Christian. I challenge you to make it more than 10000 Hours with God let it be so much that even God will say KID, GET OFF ME!!

Let's start this walk, day by day asking Our Lord to teach us and when he does to give us the wisdom to learn and move forward. So that one day when we finish walking this marathon He can be proud of His children and proud of His people.

I encourage you today =)

1 comment: