Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Greatest Weapon of All

This week I've had a very amazing experience with God.
During church on Sunday I felt this urge to give a testimony about how amazing God has been to me. My two grandmothers, one in Venezuela and the other in the Netherlands had a very rough summer. One was sick with water in her lungs and the other had a hernia near her intestines which is a very delicate area more in her case since she has diabetes and heart problems. My family and I went into prayer. I went to the Netherlands for vacation and in the 3 weeks I stayed my grandma stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. But then during my testimony I realized it was ONLY 2 weeks, and now that I'm back on my island my brother tells me that she is as if nothing ever happened. God is Great. My other grandma, the one in Venezuela had to go through a series of tests and treatment before she could get the hernia removed because of her delicate situation. Last week she got into surgery and I am the proudest granddaughter there is. My grandma is my idol because she is the strongest woman I know. Despite her condition she had healed a lot in just one week. God is Great. Last Sunday I gave this testimony and I encouraged my brothers and sisters in Christ to Pray! There is Power in prayer. Jesus prayed and taught us how to pray. He gave us the greatest weapon there is. With prayer we can control what is going to happen in our countries, in our communities, in our schools, everywhere. The best thing that happened was that the leader that preached that day, spoke about the Power of prayer! God used me to start the preaching and it feels amazing to be used by Him.

That day I felt that God wanted to use me, I had to give my testimony. When you feel that way you can't concentrate on anything else. You just know He will make you talk and if you don't He will be heard either way. So I decided to follow Him, and I spoke up.

Today I would like to encourage you to do the same. Maybe you would think " I am horrible at speaking in public". Trust me I was shaking when I was talking, but I felt like it wasn't me. Before I had to go up, the pastor let worship go on for like an hour, and I was thinking of the many things I would say and how I would say them. I was going to conclude my testimony with the subject of faith and yet when I went up there it somehow ended with the power of prayer. My friends, trust me, when the Lord wants us to speak He will give us the right words, the right things to say. As scared and shaky as I was while holding the mic, I knew it was not me talking. I was right behind Him. He was saying what needed to be said and I was just a way, a voice. And that is the MOST AMAZING FEELING EVER!! Just let Him use you, and once you let Him, all your fears and all your shaking will be gone.

So I encourage you to use that amazing weapon Jesus Christ has given to us, Prayer, to go to our daily battles and be victorious in Him. And let Him use you, trust me on this one, you won't regret it.

Please enjoy the following song =D

God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment