Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"Dios se lo pague...."

There is a story my mother always tells me, about my grandmother in Venezuela, and today she repeated it. There is a saying in Spanish that says: "Dios se lo pague", meaning "May God pay you back", it is used to say thank you when someone does something you can't pay back. And that is what I want to share with you today.

My mother was always a very outspoken little girl. My grandfather wasn't the best man of the house so my grandmother always found a way to make money to feed her children. She sold ice, and some other things I don't remember, and there was always people in her house. Who stayed to eat or drink coffee. The whole neighborhood came by my grandmothers house. My mother didn't agree with that because the prices were going up and everything was getting expensive, if all these people got these things for free, one day, she would have nothing to feed her children. My grandma always said: " Mi'ja en una casa nunca debe faltar un Dios se lo pague", in a house there should always be a May God pay you back.
One day my grandma saw that there was  no food for the next day. She only said: "Hmm there's no food for tomorrow" the next day at 5 am her brother came by with a goat. So there was food for that day.

The lesson we have to learn from this, is that a lot of times we think that because we don't have much we shouldn't give and God will understand. But in the bible it says, if you give you will have more. God gives seed to those who sow. Today my grandma is missing nothing, because during her entire life, even when she didn't have she gave, and she did abundantly, so God keeps giving her all she needs.

We worry so much about what we are missing in our lives, and we worry so much about what is going to happen tomorrow and we forget that tomorrow is not in our hands but in His. If He gives food and shelter to His other creation. How much more won't He provide for us who are His children?

So I guess today I bring a double encouragement. Like my Grandmother did and does. Always give, without holding back. Give love, give shelter, give and you will receive from God so you can continue giving. Be a river that flows and calms the thirst of those who are in need. And while giving, surrender it all to God. He is our provider. So why worry about tomorrow? He provided yesterday, He provides today and He surely will provide tomorrow.

So don't worry about what's going to happen tomorrow and Give =D

God Bless you and be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment